How do I write a song

A number of people have asked me my method for piano to create a song to music. At the risk of oversimplification, the steps are as follows:

1. I sit at the piano, thinking of something to provide each and without melody in my feelings.

2. I start the first thing that comes to mind to play. In other words, having your fingers in front of my brain. I let your mind wander and see where the music wants to go. If something resonates or has energyI stick to it until the energy dissipated. If the music does not seem to want to go somewhere I'm going to get up and leave.

3. Well, (assuming that I watch something) I draw bar lines - enough for an 8-measure phrase. I then write down the chord changes for - hopefully bar for the entire eighth If you do not get the entire 8-bar, I try for four - but they usually manage to fill this space of 8 bar. I pencil in the melody, but only the first 2 bars.

This way I leave the rest ofMelody's come. The first two bars is enough to make me improvise the rest until it is in its final form gel

4. completed after the first 8-bar section is (or is incomplete, it does not matter) I'll write another 8 or 4-sentence and listen to the next section of the music - if there is a later section. If something happens, I will follow the same procedure as above.

I usually go in this section is the contrast. Something else. For best results start with a rulewith a preconceived idea of what will be the ultimate form of music. ABA will form 90% of the time. With this knowledge I can use the techniques of composition (repetition and contrast) is better.

Although this seems to say the idea of letting the music where you want to go in contrast with (improvisation), it is useful to provide in the composition of music. I explained in more detail in my online class.

5. Well, I have the rudimentary parts of the whole piece. If only I hadwants to have Part A and Part B do not come, I leave and come back. Sometimes it never comes and that's all right. So I can combine different sections to different pieces of music, and everything works. I give it a title (nature titles for me, this is my inspiration).

6. The piece is only after we play a couple of times and you have the chance to gel ready. I can not think of a better word for this operation. After playing what you have written a numberTime consists of music into what later became. You just need to know where the piece is finished. E 'intuitive. Sometimes I repeat sections several times because the inspiration is fresh and it feels right. Other pieces are very short, because the more the repetition of a section does not work.

Related : piano chords piano software

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piano Lesson - Learn To Play O Christmas Tree

Piano Tabs - Learn to Play Yesterday

That Chopin's piano music so unique?